Sunday 16 March 2008

From Sharifa

I really think the jmost important thing is that we had the understanding from people, they listened to us, they thought about us – I am so pleased about that: it will make a lot of people think about our problems. The most important thing is the schools and the universities, they are the new generation this means the new generation will think in a new vision of our stories and our plans….. maybe one of them (like little Liam) will have a decision in the future to make our state come up…

In some of the meetings I was disappointed because there was no reaction from people but then I learned that English people think a lot before they react and I think it’s good.

It’s good that there are a lot of us from different places and with different fields, health, education etc, these different things make our journey more useful.

I discovered how much work it was to bring us here and really thank you.

But even then 10 days is a ver short time to get to see the whole of England! We are just starting to get to know England/

EXETER

Exeter seemed a very quiet place and also so clean and shining everywhere. Her people who are living there seem so kind and generous and sensitive specially Lizi. I appreciate her putting her dog outside for me! I am really grateful for that.

I noticed an important thing, that school classes contain only 15 to 17 students whereas ours can go up to 50. Also in the university they are organised, they have a union for students. We have that but it is not so completely organised. You have in your education all your rights and duties, you really learn them good but in our education we don’t have that. I mean your students know exactly what they need to do, they can go university to have elections to have parties to have some fun as well as study, in our universities they just go to study.

Some of you are really interested in politics.

When we went to the London Eye and the River Thames I felt that you wanted us to enjoy ourselves and I really appreciated that. I remember going up the hill and seeing the rainbow – that was a very strong memory.

No comments: